/ Paper craft & Stationary
/ Paper craft : Dye, Ink, Pigment, Powder
Jacquard Indigo Tie Dye Kit /1set
This kit brings the ancient art of indigo dyeing to the home dyer in a user-friendly formulation. Indigo dye, which comes from a plant, is one of the oldest dyes used for coloring fabrics and the one still used today to color blue jeans. This natural dye process has long been used in many cultures around the world. The unique characteristics of indigo dyeing make it easy to create wonderful resist patterns on fabric. With a resurgence of interest in indigo and ethnic patterning in the fashion world, this kit is sure to be a winner!
Dyes up to 15 yards/5 lbs (2.27 kg) of fabric or 15 T-shirts. Dye bath lasts for several weeks.
For use on all 100% natural fibers. Includes 2 applicator bottles with colors chosen to specifically complement each other, vinyl gloves, rubber bands and 1/3 pound of soda ash dye fixer.
- Experience the exciting ancient and mystical process of dyeing with indigo a plant-based dye that gives beautiful shades of 'indigo blue'
- Jacquard's Pre-Reduced Indigo easily mixes with water and makes setting up an indigo vat practically effortless
- Jacquard's Indigo Tie Dye Kit comes with enough dye to color up to 15 natural-fiber 5-shirts or 15 yards of fabric
- With this fun group activity, you can create unique, one-of-a-kind designs
- Contains 20g of indigo dye, 250g of reducing agent, 1 pair of gloves, 2 stir sticks, rubber bands, and instruction booklet
- Made in the USA; Conforms to ASTM D4236; For ages 8 and up with adult supervision
- For over 30 years, Jacquard has been the leading manufacturer of artist quality textile, mixed media and craft products
Video click here