- Mix equal parts by weight of part A and part B.
- Mix thoroughly, but do not whip and create excess bubbles. For best results, after mixing, pour into a second container and continue mixing, scraping the sides.
- Do not mix in paper cups or stir with wood stir sticks. They can cause inhibition of cure.
- Pour mixture into corner of mold container, allowing fluid to slowly rise around the part. You have approxi-mately 15 minutes working time. Silicone sets in about 2 hours, and is fully cured in 24 hours.
- To make a blanket mold or a mold on a vertical surface, apply a thin coat of silicone and allow to cure. Thicken a new batch with TAP Thixotropic Additive and “butter” on for a final coat.Because of the low viscosity, there is seldom need to de-air the silicone by use of a vacuum. Platinum cure silicones are subject to inhibition from sulfur containing materials.
- Always test a small area before beginning bigger project.